• how we collect information about you,
• what kinds of information we collect about you and the choices you have around this,
• how we use your information,
• how we share your information with others,
• how we protect your information, and
• your rights as data subject.
How Can I Contact TMHI AB?
Toyota Material Handling International AB
595 35 Mjölby, Sweden
The types of personal and other data we process and
our legal basis for doing so
The data we have access to, and process varies depending on how you interact with our website, which consents to cookies you give, and the purpose of your visit. Below we describe three different scenarios of interaction with our website and the types of information related to each one.
1. If you visit our website and decline all but necessary cookies
If you decline the use of all but necessary cookies, we only gain access to the data your browser transmits to enable you to visit our website. Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser or device each time you request to access the website. When you use the website, the hosting servers may automatically record certain log file information, which may include:
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (the page)
• Access status / HTTP status code
• The amount of data transferred
• A message of whether the retrieval was successful
• Notification of why a request may have failed
• The website from which the request comes
• Used browser
• Operating system
• Screen resolution
• Language and version of the browser software
Publicly available information: We may also have access to Personal Data about you from publicly available sources. All Personal Data you make publicly available in any public or open forum, such as on a social network or an open internet forum or website, will be considered public information for this Policy and may be accessed and collected by us and others.
2. If you visit our website and consent to the use of other than necessary cookies
Analytics & Aggregate Information through Google Analytics. Data collection and analytics technologies collect aggregated and user-specific information about your equipment, patterns of use, communication data, and the resources you access and use on the website.
Location information through Google Analytics. We may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store data relating to the location of you and/or your device.
We use this information to analyze our website traffic to improve our online services, content, and experiences.
3. If you visit our website and contact us through any of our contact forms
When using any of our contact forms, we need your explicit consent for additional processing and transferring of personal information. This is because we will transfer your inquiry to the relevant approved distributor based in your country or region. If you do not consent to this transfer of information, we welcome you to contact your local distributor directly.
Personal Data and contact information refer to information about you that may be used to identify you, such as your:
• First and last name, title, and gender
• Other contact details within our affiliate systems, as well as your company name and business location, including address, telephone number, VAT number, and email address.
Correspondence information: If you send us correspondence via email, the postal service, our online forms, or another form of communication, we retain the correspondence and the information provided therein.
We use your Personal Data, contact information, and message to respond to your inquiry. In most cases, this means forwarding the information you provide to our local representative, as stated above. If your case is directed at our central organization, the information will not be shared.
Specific services, apps, or events
Disclosing or sharing data with third parties
Toyota Material Handling International does not sell, rent, or disclose your Personal Data for marketing purposes to third parties without your consent. We may share Personal Data with personnel and third parties for the following purposes and circumstances:
1. To provide the products and services, including the website
To provide a service you have requested, including sharing the Personal Data with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Toyota Material Handling International, such as subsidiaries, sister companies, and parent companies.
2. To our personnel
Toyota Material Handling International’s personnel and authorized partners may have access to your Personal Data as needed to operate in the normal course of business.
3. To our local representation
Toyota Material Handling International may share your information, including Personal Data, with our network of approved distributors to provide information regarding our products and services and assist you in purchasing the same. If you, for example, send us a quotation request via our online form, we will forward your Personal Data and message to our local distributor in your country.
4. To our service providers
We may share the data and information specified above with individuals, organizations, third-party independent contractors, and other partners to help us provide you with the website and other digital and online services. This includes help in operating our business, hosting services, facilitating online job applications, or providing search results. Our Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data for a limited time as needed in connection with these activities.
Security, data storage, and retention
Toyota Material Handling International will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful use. Security measures include the implementation and review of:
a) Access controls:
• Prevents unauthorized persons from gaining access to, or using, processing systems used for processing personal data
• Restricts persons with authorized access to processing systems only to have access to the personal data they are entitled to
• Blocks the personal data from being read, copied, modified, or deleted without authorization in connection with processing, use, or storage
b) Input controls:
• Monitor and determine whether and by whom personal data has been entered, modified, or deleted in processing systems
c) Transfers controls:
• Blocks the personal data from being read, copied, modified, or deleted without authorization in connection with electronic transfer or transmission in external communications
d) Availability controls:
• Ensure that personal data is protected against accidental destruction or loss through a combination of administrative and IT security controls for services and infrastructure
e) Separate processing
• Ensures that data collected for different purposes can be processed separately. This is implemented through secure development and, where possible, logical and physical separation.
Toyota Material Handling International securely stores your personal data on web servers in Sweden or Europe.
Our service providers, local distributors, and third-party independent contractors are obligated not to use or share your Personal Data for unauthorized purposes. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that our service providers, local distributors, and third-party independent contractors protect your Personal Data on our behalf.
GDPR on Transfer and Storage of Your Personal Data
The European Economic Area (“EEA”) Member States, the United States, and other countries all have different laws relating to privacy and data protection. When your Personal Data is moved from your home country to another country, the laws, and rules that protect your Personal Data in the country to which your Personal Data is transferred may be different from those in the country in which you live. For example, the circumstances in which law enforcement can access personal information may vary from country to country. In particular, if your Personal Data is in the United States, it is a risk that it may be accessed by government authorities in accordance with U.S. law.
We endeavor not to transfer your Personal Data outside EU/EEA, but in some situations, it may be necessary. For example, when you use a contact form on our website, usually, the questions need to be furthered to our local distributor. We may also transfer your Personal Data if you consent to third-party cookie providers located outside EU/EEA.
If you use any of our contact forms on our website, we will keep your form submissions in their original form for 3 months. Once this time period has expired, we will anonymize them and only save the category, company name, message, time, and date. The original form submission, including Personal Data and any documents, will be deleted from the data storage along with any e-mail copies of the original submission or the following correspondence. Please note that all correspondence you have had with our distributors or their affiliates falls outside this Policy.
Toyota Material Handling International AB would like to ensure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your personal data from us.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure — You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to lodge complaints - If you have any questions regarding our processing of Personal Data you are welcome to contact us directly. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact information provided above.
Update of this policy